My four year old son Jack is well and truly in the ‘why’ stage. At first I found his little inquisitive mind fascinating and adorable, however months down the line his daily interrogations are becoming harder to answer. Up to around 30 times a day I must answer numerous ‘why’ questions and be prepared explain the answer to each question in about 5 different ways (often with the help of Google). I thought I would share some of Jack’s questions and also added a few of my own for good measure.
Jack to Mummy
- Why is he a baddie and not being nice?
- Why have you crashed Daddy’s car?
- Why can’t you park?
- Why can’t I eat this [finding a tampon in my handbag]?
- Why do I have to wipe my bum?
- Why do you need a wee; are you going to get wet pants?
- Why are we always late?
- Why do you have lots of makeup…does mummy need it?
- Why is your tummy so wobbly?
- Why is your glass so big [wine]?
Mummy to Jack
- Why does it take you 2 hours to eat your dinner every night and then moan that you are hungry?
- Why do you say you are not tired when you look hungover and the slightest request results in you having a meltdown?
- Why do you only fart in front of other people, at incredibly inappropriate moments and then say I did it?
- Why are you only ever poorly on the days I have work?
- Why does getting dressed in the morning have to involve the ritual of you tossing your (sometimes dirty) pants on my face?
- Why do you leave such colossal skid marks in the toilet?
- Why is that you can spend hours lining your cars up meticulously but cannot focus for 10 minutes on your homework?
- Why can you turn a crap day into a wonderful one with just one silly remark and a big cuddle?
I would really love to hear other questions your kids ask, please share away!